Applicants/recipients of the award must be affiliated with Fresno State; this includes, but is not limited to, students, student organizations, academic departments and colleges, staff, auxiliary, alumni, and administration.
When are applications due?
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
What is the process?
- Work with the Dean of the College who is responsible for the mural location, Department Chair, artists, etc. to develop your Mural Grant application.
- Submit a Mural Grant application.
- Application is sent to the Dean of the College who is responsible for the mural location for approval.
- If approved, application is sent to ASI Finance Committee for approval.
- If you application exceeds $5,000, it will also be sent to the ASI Senate for approval.
- If approved, application is sent to the Campus Planning Committee for approval.
- If approved, you can start!
What can the money be spent on?
Funding must be utilized for the construction and/or maintenance of murals on the Fresno State campus. This includes preparation materials and/or services, construction materials and/or services, and other miscellaneous needs.
Who in ASI reviews and approves the applications?
Approval is granted by the ASI Finance Committee. All applications exceeding $5,000 also require ASI Senate approval.
ASI approved my application, can I start painting?
No. Once your Mural Grant application is approved by ASI, it then goes to the Campus Planning Committee (CPC) for approval. An ASI representative sits on the CPC and will invite you to the meeting in which your application will be discussed.
What’s in the fine print?
- The mural must be painted by volunteers (no hired services)
- The mural must contain the text “Mural funded by student funds from Associated Students, Inc.” and the ASI logo, which combined, is to be no smaller than 5% of the total mural size.
My grant funding application got denied. Can I reapply?
Yes! Feedback is typically provided as to why an application was denied. Make those fixes and try again.
My application got approved by ASI and the CPC. How do I access the funds?
ASI can either purchase the materials you need directly or can reimburse you if you purchase items (up to the approved amount). Reimbursements must occur within 45 days of the purchase and require you to turn in your receipts (see ASI Fiscal Policy). Please note that allocated funds are only available through May 1st or the completion of the project (whichever comes first).