What are elections for?
- The ASI election process is outlined by the ASI Bylaws. The purpose of elections is to choose the 21 student representatives who will serve a (1) year term of office (June 1-May 31) representing students’ voices. Here are the current elected positions within ASI:
Elections occur annually in spring, online over the course of about a week. The election outcome determines who will sit on the ASI Senate, and who will hold the offices of President, Vice President of Finance and Vice President of External Affairs. To serve in one of these elected positions you must follow the steps in the elections process and win your race.
Who is eligible to run for office?
- Students are eligible to run for office if they meet the CSU system-wide requirements.
Grades – Students must be enrolled and in good standing; Must have received at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in the previous semester, and have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for all college work. Graduate students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in all graduate work.
Unit Load – Undergrads must maintain 6 units while running for office. Graduate and credential students must maintain 3 units.
Residency – Undergrads must have completed at least (1) one semester prior to the election, earning a total of 6 semester units. Graduate and credential student candidates must earn 6 units per semester of continuous attendance as a new graduate or credential student to be eligible. Graduate and credential students who received a bachelor’s degree or credential within the past three years from the same campus must have earned a total of 12 semester units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
How do I run for office?
- Campus-wide committees are responsible for decisions that directly affect students.
- ASI is responsible for appointing students to sit on these committees to be sure the student voice is being represented.
- Apply here to be sure your voice is heard!
LEAD Academy is designed to teach students about Fresno State’s structure and current issues influencing higher education through experiential learning opportunities.
Earn a Student Representative certificate after completion!
The next LEAD academy will take place in Spring 2019. Check back later for the link to sign up.
Apply for Employment
Become an Intern
Volunteer with us
Follow us on Social Media
Stay up to date on activities and programs put on by ASI. Follow us on social media and turn on your notifications. We frequently post opportunities for free events, concerts, and giveaways you could win!
Read the Bulldog Blog
Visit Campus Involvement Ambassadors (CIA) Program
Questions & Comments
ASI Business Office Hours
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fall and Spring Hours:
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ASI Business Office USU 317
5280 N Jackson Ave
Mail Stop SU 32