What are elections for?
- The ASI election process is outlined by ASI’s Policies and Bylaws. The purpose of elections is to choose the 22 student representatives who will serve a (1) year term of office (June 1-May 31) representing students and providing them with a voice and vehicle to create actionable and meaningful change through the democratic process on the Fresno State campus. Below you will find current elected positions within ASI:
Executive Vice President
Vice President Of Finance
Vice President Of External Affairs
Senators of Colleges/Schools:
College of Arts and Humanities
Craig School of Business
Kremen School of Education
Lyles College of Engineering
College of Health and Human Services
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
College of Science and Mathematics
College of Social Sciences
Athletic and Recreational Affairs
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Parking and Safety
Student Clubs and Orgs
Veterans and Transfer Affairs
- Elections occur annually and online each spring semester. Election results determine the ASI Senate, the offices of President, Vice President of Finance and Vice President of External Affairs. In order to serve in one of these elected positions you must meet eligibility requirements, submit required documents, as well as follow election protocols and processes and ultimately win your race.
Who is eligible to run for office?
- Students are eligible to run for office if they meet the CSU system-wide requirements.
Grades – Students must be enrolled and in good standing; Must have received at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in the previous semester, and have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for all college work. Graduate students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in all graduate work.
Unit Load – Undergrads must maintain 6 units while running for office. Graduate and credential students must maintain 3 units.
Residency – Undergrads must have completed at least (1) one semester prior to the election, earning a total of 6 semester units. Graduate and credential student candidates must earn 6 units per semester of continuous attendance as a new graduate or credential student to be eligible. Graduate and credential students who received a bachelor’s degree or credential within the past three years from the same campus must have earned a total of 12 semester units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
How do I run for office?
- Campus-wide committees are responsible for decisions that directly affect students.
- ASI is responsible for appointing students to sit on these committees to be sure the student voice is being represented.
- Apply here to be sure your voice is heard!
Academic Affairs – Ensures that all Fresno State students academic needs are met.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Promotes a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at Fresno State.
External Affairs – Serves, protects and lobbys for the student body on a local, state and national legislation level.
Finance – Oversees annual budget, as well as approves funding for student organizations.
Internal Affairs – Appoints committee members, fills vacancies and addresses personnel matters.
Legal – Creates, amends and overviews the ASI Policies, Bylaws and procedures.
Student Court – Helps decide ASI election disputes.
University Affairs – Plans on-campus events and activities such as student bus trips and tailgates.
LEAD Academy is designed to teach students about Fresno State’s structure and current issues influencing higher education through experiential learning opportunities.
Earn a Student Representative certificate after completion!
Apply for Employment
Become an Intern
Volunteer with us
Follow us on Social Media
Stay up to date on activities and programs put on by ASI. Follow us on social media and turn on your notifications. We frequently post opportunities for free events, concerts, and giveaways you could win!
Read the Bulldog Blog
Visit Campus Involvement Ambassadors (CIA) Program
Questions & Comments
ASI Business Office Hours
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fall and Spring Hours:
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ASI Business Office USU 317
5280 N Jackson Ave
Mail Stop SU 32