The Research Grant Program is designed to provide financial support for student (graduate and undergraduate) research, projects, and other scholarly endeavors in all academic disciplines. Students, with the supervision of a professor, may apply for funds to complete an educational project. Examples include laboratory experiments, senior projects, field studies, printing of thesis, subscription to related journals, and material to create artwork.
Undergraduate student disciplines for Research Grant funds can be used to cover project related software, equipment, materials, supplies, travel, data collection and analysis, and other project related expenses and up to one half of the grant can be used as student assistant funds. Funds may not be used for faculty compensation, travel and/or to purchase food.
Undergraduate students must have met the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students with at least two semesters remaining before they will graduate.
- Be in good standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher)
- Show substantial initiative in the project, and
- Have a faculty mentor who is willing to work with the student.
- Projects from all majors are eligible for the Undergraduate Research Grant.
- Students may only apply for one grant per academic year.
Please visit the Undergraduate Studies website for more information and the application. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 27, 2018.
Graduate students must have met the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a California State University, Fresno graduate/doctoral student in good standing;
- Advanced to candidacy for the graduate degree;
- Maintained a minimum of 3.0 average on the approved graduate/dissertation program;
- Have completed courses in research techniques as required by the major department;
- Have secured a thesis/dissertation or project committee
- Satisfactorily met the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate/doctoral study
Deadline: Friday, October 26, 2018